SPIN Studio is making it easier to organize, manage, and present VR content anywhere. These three new features will ensure your VR event runs as smoothly as possible:
- Download All allows you to automatically download all of the videos in your SPIN, immediately. As of July 2, 2018, this feature has been moved to the SPIN Play app.
- Auto Play automatically launches videos in your SPIN from the moment a viewer puts on the headset. Removing the headset for more than 5 seconds will cause the playlist to start playing again from the beginning. Playback control on the headset and controllers is disabled in this mode.
- Auto Loop automatically repeats the SPIN playlist from the beginning when it reaches the of the last video.
Remember the following when using Download All, Auto Play, and/or Auto Play:
- All VR Devices must have SPIN Play downloaded, paired to SPIN Studio and added to a SPIN. Click here to learn how to pair and VR Cast.
- These features are not applicable to Direct Sharing using a copied link from the SPIN.
- Download All feature will not download videos in the app background. You will need to keep the sensors activated by covering it with a piece of tape or keep the headset on until the video downloads. A fix will be available in the next release.
- Auto Play will disable all controller functionality EXCEPT for the main controller buttons due to a limitation enforced by the headset manufacturer.
Here’s how to get started:
In SPIN Studio:
- Go to SPINS > open the DEMO SPIN.
- Make sure you have a device added to your SPIN.
- Click SPIN Settings (icon with three lines )
- Under the SPIN Settings, by default Auto Play, Download All, and Auto Loop is turned OFF. Toggle the switch next to Auto Play, Download All, and Auto Loop to activate the feature. The text will say,”ON”, when the feature is activated.
On your VR Headset:
- Launch the SPIN Play App
- Using your controller, select Refresh.
- You will automatically be prompted to download all videos to the device by selecting Continue.
- All of your videos start downloading immediately. The load time will be determined by the number of videos in the SPIN,length of time in each video, and internet bandwidth connection.
- As soon as all of the videos have been downloaded, a message box will appear asking you want to begin Auto Play, select Continue. The app will start a 5 second countdown and play all of the videos in the SPIN playlist.
If you would like to restore your original settings or disable only Auto Play, go back to your SPIN Settings and turn off Auto Play. On the VR headset, exit the app by clicking the main home button on your controller then relaunch the app.