We released an improved SPIN Play experience that we think you are going to love!
We are listening. We appreciate and value your feedback, and today we're excited to show you the results of our efforts to improve the VR Casting experience in SPIN Studio and the SPIN Play companion app.
Enhanced video playback quality with cutting edge video technology
The new version of SPIN Play uses an Oculus Compositor Layer to deliver high-quality 60fps video for fully immersive 360 degree with monoscopic content. You can now easily upload your own content to SPIN Studio and stream it to Oculus Go at the highest quality possible.
Download all feature moved to the SPIN Play app
Eliminate the extra steps it takes to confirm download settings and manage them directly in the headset. Download all feature is now a button in the player instead of the SPINs setting in SPIN Studio.
Built in settings in the SPIN Play app
With the settings feature, you can choose to display video info as it’s being played, lock and unlock your content for offline mode, and restore your SPIN playlist to its original settings.
Here’s how to access the new features in the SPIN Play app:
- Launch the SPIN Play app in your VR headset
- On the bottom right of the SPINS playlist gallery, click the Settings icon (gear icon)
- A dialogue box will appear allowing you to set your app preferences:
- Video Info, which will show you the video information below as it’s playing:
- Audio Track Type: Embedded mono, spatial audio)
- Initial and ongoing streaming bandwidth
- Video dimensions
- Content Mode:
- Unlocked: App can be paired and unpaired from the SPIN Studio account. Downloaded versions of the videos can be deleted. The video playback will be streamed
- Locked: Pairing state cannot be changed, only videos that have been previously downloaded can be played. No internet connection required.
- Clear cache mode will remove all offline media or downloaded versions of our video. Videos will be streamed instead of playing back locally.
- Reset Settings will reset the SPIN to its original settings.
Customize skyboxes with equirect images
We’re taking out the extra steps it takes to convert your equiret images to cube maps. Instead of uploading a cube map to customize your SPIN Play app skybox, you can now upload your equirect images to your SPIN Studio account.