SPIN Play is capable of streaming and playing locally downloaded content to your Oculus headset. In scenarios where you have slow or no internet access, it is recommended that you download you videos to the headset's hard drive to playback at the highest quality and without internet.
Before locally downloading your videos ensure that you have paired your headset to the SPIN. If you have shared your SPIN to the headset via share key, then your access to the SPIN will reset when you quit the SPIN Play app.
How to download all videos in a SPIN:
- In SPIN Play, click the download all button at the bottom of the gallery
- Wait for the download to complete
- You can take the headset off and SPIN Play will continue to download further. The video will download faster if the headset is fully awake.
- You will know the download is complete when:
- The download button is grayed out
- And each video thumbnail has a small black downward facing arrow in the bottom right corner. If you hover over the thumbnail with your controller's laser pointer, a trash can icon should appear instead of a download button.
How to delete downloads in a SPIN
- Navigate to settings page by clicking the cog icon, directly to the right of the download all button
- Click 'clear cache'
- Click 'OK' to the prompt: "Remove all offline media?"
To delete just one video instead of them all hover over the thumbnail of a downloaded video and click the trash icon.
Tip: Turn Content Mode to Offline when turning WiFi off on the device.
SPIN Play requires an internet connection to start up quickly. SPIN Play will load quickly when Content Mode is set to Offline, as both the app and the device will not attempt to connect to the internet.
Content Offline Mode also takes away the download and refresh buttons from the gallery user interface, and takes away the ability to delete a video from the local cache. Content Offline Mode is recommended when sharing a SPIN with first time user of VR.