Kiosk mode is a way to set up SPIN Play to play offline, to start playing automatically when the headset is put on, and to be as hands-free as possible.
Kiosk mode is not one toggle in SPIN Play. It requires just a few switches in SPIN Studio and SPIN Play to be turned on, in a correct order. These steps come after you have set up a SPIN and paired your devices.
Note: kiosk mode settings can only be applied to a SPIN without Stories embedded.
How to set up kiosk mode:
- Start SPIN Play in your paired gallery
- Click download all the start downloading all
- Confirm all videos are downloaded
More information about locally downloading content can be found here.
- In SPIN Studio, navigate to your SPIN.
- Turn on Auto Play
- Turn on 'Loop Playlist' if desired now too. This will restart the playlist instead of going to a dark screen.
- Back in SPIN Play, refresh the playlist. The refresh button is directly to the left of the download all button.
- Press the Oculus Home button
- Navigate to settings and turn WiFi off completely.
- Start SPIN Play
Now SPIN Play is in kiosk mode. When the headset is taken off for more than 5 seconds playback starts from the beginning. Every time the playlist restarts there is a 5 second countdown until playback begins.
Recommended is that you extend the amount of time that the Oculus device remains awake before sleeping. By default this is 15 seconds. For kiosk situations it is advised to extend this to the max of 4 hours. That setting can be changed in the Power panel of Oculus settings as illustrated below.