Kiosk mode is a way to set up SPIN Play to play offline, to start playing automatically when the headset is put on, and to be as hands-free as possible.
Kiosk mode is not one toggle in SPIN Play. It requires just a few switches in SPIN Studio and SPIN Play to be turned on, in a correct order. These steps come after you have set up a SPIN and paired your devices.
Note: kiosk mode settings can only be applied to a SPIN without Stories embedded.
How to set up kiosk mode:
- Start SPIN Play in your paired gallery
- Click download all the start downloading all
- Confirm all videos are downloaded
More information about locally downloading content can be found here.
- In SPIN Studio, navigate to your SPIN.
- Turn on Auto Play
- Turn on 'Loop Playlist' if desired now too. This will restart the playlist instead of going to a dark screen.
- Back in SPIN Play, refresh the playlist. The refresh button is directly to the left of the download all button.
- Press the Oculus Home button
- Navigate to settings and turn WiFi off completely.
- Start SPIN Play
Now SPIN Play is in kiosk mode. When the headset is taken off for more than 5 seconds playback starts from the beginning. Every time the playlist restarts there is a 5 second countdown until playback begins.